In order to get more accurate results, our search has the following Google-Type search functionality:
If you use '+' in front of a word, then that word will be present in the search results.
ex: Harry +Potter will return results with the word 'Potter'.
If you use '-' in front of a word, then that word will be absent in the search results.
ex: Harry -Potter will return results without the word 'Potter'.
If you use 'AND' between two words, then both of those words will be present in the search results.
ex: Harry AND Potter will return results with both 'Harry' and 'Potter'.
If you use 'OR' between two words, then bth of those words may or may not be present in the search results.
ex: Harry OR Potter will return results with just 'Harry', results with just 'Potter' and results with both 'Harry' and 'Potter'.
If you use 'NOT' before a word, then that word will be absent in the search results.
ex: Harry NOT Potter will return results without the word 'Potter'.
Placing '""' around words will perform a phrase search. The search results will contain those words in that order.
ex: "Harry Potter" will return any results with 'Harry Potter' in them, but not 'Potter Harry'.
Using '*' in a word will perform a wildcard search. The '*' signifies any number of characters. Searches can not start with a wildcard.
ex: Pot*er will return results with words starting with 'Pot' and ending in 'er'. In this case, 'Potter' will be a match.
Whatever size your backyard, you can keep hens and collect fresh eggs every day! Featuring the best of Organic Gardener magazine's expert advice, Happy Hens is packed with everything you need to know about caring for your chooks, whether you are just starting out or already have a flock. You will discover:
- What to look for when buying chickens so you start with healthy, happy layers.
- A handy guide to the best backyard breeds available in Australia
- How to choose the right bird for your needs - whether you want top egg producers, live in a hot climate, or need to find the perfect chooks for a tiny plot.
- Great tips on housing and caring for your hens, what to feed them and how to keep them safe from predators and pests. There are even instructions for a DIY hen house.
- Troubleshooting tips to solve the most common chook problems.
- If you're feeling clucky, learn how to incubate and raise chicks.
With Happy Hens, it's easy to keep your backyard flock happy, healthy - and productive.