In order to get more accurate results, our search has the following Google-Type search functionality:
If you use '+' in front of a word, then that word will be present in the search results.
ex: Harry +Potter will return results with the word 'Potter'.
If you use '-' in front of a word, then that word will be absent in the search results.
ex: Harry -Potter will return results without the word 'Potter'.
If you use 'AND' between two words, then both of those words will be present in the search results.
ex: Harry AND Potter will return results with both 'Harry' and 'Potter'.
If you use 'OR' between two words, then bth of those words may or may not be present in the search results.
ex: Harry OR Potter will return results with just 'Harry', results with just 'Potter' and results with both 'Harry' and 'Potter'.
If you use 'NOT' before a word, then that word will be absent in the search results.
ex: Harry NOT Potter will return results without the word 'Potter'.
Placing '""' around words will perform a phrase search. The search results will contain those words in that order.
ex: "Harry Potter" will return any results with 'Harry Potter' in them, but not 'Potter Harry'.
Using '*' in a word will perform a wildcard search. The '*' signifies any number of characters. Searches can not start with a wildcard.
ex: Pot*er will return results with words starting with 'Pot' and ending in 'er'. In this case, 'Potter' will be a match.
The definitive guide to the Australian working dog.
Set to become the classic work on the breed for many years to come, Tony Parsons' The Kelpie is the culmination of sixty-five years of experience in breeding and training Kelpies, while also researching their origins and promoting the breed worldwide.
This fully illustrated and authoritative work contains everything you might want to know about this renowned dog. Some of the many areas of Kelpie lore and practice covered include-
- The Kelpie's origins and evolution - theories and furphies
- The role of genetics and selection in breeding stock
- Practical advice on loyalty, temperament, obedience, commands and developing control
- Preparing the Kelpie for trialling
- The Karrawarra stud and the increasing popularity of the working Kelpie in the US
- Famous Kelpies of today and yesterday, as well as breeder profiles
- A section on health and nutrition by Dr Alistair Webb - from general care to emergency treatment
- Over 250 colour and black-and-white photographs, many of them rare and historic.
On virtually every page of this book Tony Parsons reveals his deep respect and affection for this great Australian dog. This major work will be an invaluable reference for Kelpie breeders, owners and enthusiasts throughout the world.