In order to get more accurate results, our search has the following Google-Type search functionality:
If you use '+' in front of a word, then that word will be present in the search results.
ex: Harry +Potter will return results with the word 'Potter'.
If you use '-' in front of a word, then that word will be absent in the search results.
ex: Harry -Potter will return results without the word 'Potter'.
If you use 'AND' between two words, then both of those words will be present in the search results.
ex: Harry AND Potter will return results with both 'Harry' and 'Potter'.
If you use 'OR' between two words, then bth of those words may or may not be present in the search results.
ex: Harry OR Potter will return results with just 'Harry', results with just 'Potter' and results with both 'Harry' and 'Potter'.
If you use 'NOT' before a word, then that word will be absent in the search results.
ex: Harry NOT Potter will return results without the word 'Potter'.
Placing '""' around words will perform a phrase search. The search results will contain those words in that order.
ex: "Harry Potter" will return any results with 'Harry Potter' in them, but not 'Potter Harry'.
Using '*' in a word will perform a wildcard search. The '*' signifies any number of characters. Searches can not start with a wildcard.
ex: Pot*er will return results with words starting with 'Pot' and ending in 'er'. In this case, 'Potter' will be a match.
Let us guide you on every step of your travels.
An in-depth book, now with free app and eBook.
From deciding when to go, to choosing what to see when you arrive, Insight Guide Australia, is all you need to plan your trip and experience the best of Australia, with in-depth insider information on must-see, top attractions like Sydney Harbor, the Great Barrier Reef, Uluru, Broome, and Cable Beach, and hidden cultural gems like the Tiwi Islands.
This book is ideal for travellers seeking immersive cultural experiences, from exploring Bondi markets, Ballarat and Noosa, to discovering Magnetic Island, Bells Beach and the National Gallery of Australia.
- In-depth on history and culture: explore the region's vibrant history and culture, and understand its modern-day life, people and politics
- Excellent Editor's Choice: uncover the best of Australia, which highlights the most special places to visit around the region
- Invaluable and practical maps: get around with ease thanks to detailed maps that pinpoint the key attractions featured in every chapter
- Informative tips: plan your travels easily with an A to Z of useful advice on everything from climate to tipping
- Inspirational colour photography: discover the best destinations, sights, and excursions, and be inspired by stunning imagery
- Innovative and unique extras: a free eBook and an app
- Inventive design makes for an engaging, easy-reading experience
- Covers: Sydney, New South Wales, Canberra, Melbourne, Victoria, South Australia, Queensland, Great Barrier Reef islands, Northern Territory, Western Australia and Tasmania
About Insight Guides: Insight Guides is a pioneer of full-colour guide books, with almost 50 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides with user-friendly, modern design. We produce around 400 full-colour print guide books and maps, as well as phrase books, picture-packed eBooks and apps to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.